A highly customized virtual acceleration program by AIC- Indian School of Business to support growth-stage women-led ventures to scale up.
Women-led businesses continue to struggle in India…
• Female-owned businesses are still in the huge minority and startup investment ecosystem continues to be predominantly male.
• Limited opportunities for mentorship and limited experience in operating large businesses.
• Limited access to funding and networks.
• Limited support and connections.
Through this virtual acceleration program we want to support 10 high quality women-led growth stage ventures scale their businesses through AIC-ISB’s customized strategic advisory and execution support, access to markets, customized mentorship and investor connects.
– Step back from tactical activities to rethink your business vision and develop your leadership style that will enable you to drive your teams towards accelerated business growth.
– Our strength lies in leveraging the expertise of our faculty and alumni. Connect and network with them to brainstorm business ideas and challenges.
– Dedicated sectoral and technical mentorship for each startup from our in- house experts and industry partners.
– Get guidance to help you choose the right type of funds for your venture and learn the technical aspects of raising investment. Get in front of investors through virtual pitch sessions and individual interactions.
We are sector agnostic and are open to Women-led growth stage ventures from all across the country.
Yes we accept applications from single woman founder companies provided that they are able to commit time to the program in case they get selected.
The program is virtual and will be conducted online. However, there will be few immersion workshops and boot-camps during the program which will take place at the Indian School of Business, Mohali campus. Information about such sessions will be communicated to you well in advance.
The program will be a mix group session conducted on a monthly basis and individual mentorship meetings between the startup and the mentor. As part of the cohort, the program will begin with an orientation session that will include in-depth need assessment of startups to map out the milestone plan for the startups. The structure, nature and duration of the acceleration program will vary depending on the startup’s unique needs.
No, there's no fee to participate in the program.
Yes. We would require atleast one co-founder to attend all the sessions and workshops and participate in networking events that will take place until and unless there’s an emergency which cannot be avoided.
We are looking for Dynamic Women-led growth stage startups where the-
1. Applicant is a woman and a key decision-maker with a senior leadership role (i.e. CEO, COO, President)
2. Annual revenue of the startup is INR 1 CR (or above)
3. Business has operated for at least 2 years and has a full time team in place.
4. Should be in the growth stage and looking to scale their operations
5. Has raised external funding before (either equity/loan/debt)
The application process begins with startups submitting an online application. Once received, the internal team reviews it and shortlists the startups. This step is followed by telephonic interviews conducted by the AIC program team. As the final evaluation step, the startups are asked to pitch in front of an expert panel which makes the final selections. The entire selection process is a 3-4 week journey starting from submitting the application form.
The program is 6 months of duration from the day of cohort onboarding.